Suncoast Housing Connections connects potential home buyers with realtors and lenders, as well as provides access and information about local city, county, state, and private lenders down payment assistance programs that are available throughout Pinellas and Pasco County.
DOWN PAYMENT ASSISTANCE PROGRAMS
Down Payment Assistance Programs are constantly changing: what is available today may not be available tomorrow, and a new program may take their place. It is important that you meet with a Housing Counselor to see if you qualify to apply for any of these programs. The Housing Counselor can also give you details about each program, such as if the program is forgivable or if the down payment assistance has to be paid back. Almost all the programs require that you have not owned a home in the last three years. Here is a list of local Down Payment Assistance programs that have historically been available to people wanting to purchase a home in Pinellas and Pasco Counties:
- City of Clearwater Program
- Up to $45,000 for under 80% AMI
- City of Largo, Sold on Largo Program – learn more here. Largo’s Down Payment Assistance program is available to help households purchase a house, townhome or condo within the city limits of Largo.
- Up to $55,700 for below 80% AMI
- Up to $40,000 for 80%-120% AMI
- Up to $15,000 for 120%-140%
- Additional down payment funding may be available through the State Bond Program. Please contact Suncoast Housing Connections to sign up for the homebuyer education and housing counseling to prepare for homeownership.
- City of St. Petersburg Program
- Pinellas County Program (for areas outside of Clearwater, Largo, or St. Petersburg)
- Housing Finance Authority of Pinellas County- website: www.pinellascounty.org/hfa
- Pasco County Program
The following programs can be used in Pasco or Pinellas Counties and in many cases can be combined with the other programs listed above
State of Florida:
- State of Florida Program
Private Funds from Lenders:
- There are a variety of these programs available depending on the lender you chose. The amount of the Down Payment Assistance varies based on each of the lender’s program and can be combined with other down payment assistance programs.
All of the Down Payment Assistance programs start with an appointment with a housing counselor who can direct you to the assistance programs that would best fit your situation. Schedule a Pre-Purchase Counseling appointment to learn more about the listed Down Payment Assistance programs.