Our mission is to provide education, counseling, housing opportunities and to revitalize neighborhoods for low to moderate income households.
Suncoast Housing Connections has provided homebuyer education and counseling, and built homes for low to moderate income households since it was founded as Tampa Bay Community Development Corporation in 1982 by Gregory (Gregg) E. Schwartz. As President and CEO, Gregg served the local affordable housing community for 31 years until he passed in 2013. Over 42,000 clients were served during his tenure, and thousands since. In the past three decades we have built and restored over 600 houses, worked with over 8,000 clients to prevent foreclosure, and assisted over 4,000 customers secure down payment assistance loans. Our work continues to focus on revitalizing neighborhoods throughout the Tampa Bay area by providing safe, stable and affordable housing.
In the forty years since our founding, we have:
- Built or restored more than 600 homes
- Delivered over 4,000 down payment assistance loans
- Served over 8,000 foreclosure prevention clients
- Assisted nearly 10,200 clients in pre-purchase counseling
- Served more than 38,300 clients through homebuyer workshops
Through the years, our team of housing counselors and educators have been recognized for their work in the community through the following accreditations and awards:
- 2002 – HUD-Approved Housing Counseling Agency
- 2006 – Increasing Homeownership Opportunities Award
- 2007 – Best Practice Award
- 2011 – Declared a NeighborWorks HomeOwnership Center
- 2013 – LIFT Opportunities Award
- 2018 – Outstanding Community Award from City of Clearwater
- 2018 – Neighborhood Builder Award from Bank of America